Help please! My partner was sick

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I was a caregiver. My husband had a very rare form of cancer called SNUC: sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma. He was diagnosed in January 2012 but had symptoms since November 2011. He died at the age of 28 on April 13, 2012. Neither one of us had any time to get used to this cancer world, let alone a young adult cancer world. So now I'm a 30 year old widowed mother. I have no idea what to do, it's so very isolating. I don't want to freak anyone out, I know this is a caregiver's group but I don't really have anyone else my age that can understand what I went through and what I'm still going through. Any advice or support would be much appreciated.:cry:

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • eglantineeglantine Community Member
    I'm sorry for your loss :( I can't imagine what you're feeling.

Have you been to the forums at http://www.youngwidow.org/ ? They're very active. I think you'll find that many others (sadly) are in similar situations.

Do you have family support?

If you ever need someone to talk to, you can message me anytime!
  • Also consider contacting Imerman's Angels. They also offer caregiver support. My wife was helping out a young woman whose husband had CML through Imerman's Angels. He had a blast crisis and passed away. She's a widow in her mid-20's...didn't even have a chance to have kids with her husband yet. They still keep in touch.

It seems that Stupid Cancer's line "Get Busy Living" applies to this sort of situation, too. It's going to affect the person you are for the rest of your life, but you need to find something that makes you happy here and now, also.
  • eglantine;8030 said:
    I'm sorry for your loss :( I can't imagine what you're feeling.

Have you been to the forums at http://www.youngwidow.org/ ? They're very active. I think you'll find that many others (sadly) are in similar situations.

Do you have family support?

If you ever need someone to talk to, you can message me anytime!
    Thank you so much. I will look into the young widow forums. I do have very supportive family (thank God) but it would be nice to have someone who's been there themselves.
  • mtbikernate: I actually did try immerman's angels but the person never called me. Maybe I'll try again. You're right though I need to "get busy living". I think I was until the 1 year anniversary and then I regressed again. Thank you so much!
  • Thank you so much. I'll try the young widows. Maybe it would help to connect w/someone who's been there