Hodgkins lymphoma

Hello. I am new to this, however not new to cancer. I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma in 2010. My life has been completely flipped upside down in the past five years. A divorce, substance abuse, all went along with the disease. I had 2 diseases. Now after my 2nd bmt I am "cured". And am looking to get back on track and regain control of my life again. I'm just lost, I still have to see my oncologist in ny at least once a week for blood work and check ups due to thee many complications from my last bone marrow transplant. If you can offer any advice please do.......

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • All I can say is take it one day at a time and just breathe! This is a great support group with many resources!
  • Hi...i am new to this site, i was diagnosed in July of this year with stage 2 HL and in treament since. Congrats on being "cured", stay strong and take it one day at a time. I dont have advice but i am here to talk if you need and live in the NY area.
  • I also had 2 BMTs and now struggling with chronic GVHD. In Bay Area. True, you just have to take it one day at a time...
  • I had a stem cell transplant and it is hard when you have to go for the weekly bloodworm. I too am suffering with gvhd of my skin for a few months now. Glad you are cured it is definitely a struggle getting back to your old life. I am seven months after transplant and I am finally getting a stronger immune system so I can workout like I used to.
  • @SupermanBud Congratulations to you.  You've obviously had to face a number of demons in your life and you're definitely a survivor.  My story is quite similar to yours - substance abuse, divorce, bmt (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma).  Each of thee life crises led me to a higher level of living.  Reaching out is the best first step you can take.  

Have you thought about finding a life coach that can help you get clear on what you really want and what direction you'd like to go now?  A great coach is a lot like a great sponsor (if you've done any 12-step work).  She can help you create the life you want quickly by sharing tools and techniques and providing support and accountabiity.   I'm a coach that specializes in helping people with cancer Live Like You Mean It!  

Message me if you want more information on coaching in general or my work specifically.