Please help! Lesbian Breast Cancer Survivor Study

RosaraTorrisiLIISTRosaraTorrisiLIIST Community Member
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am a licensed clinical social worker in New York State and a certified sex therapist. I am a graduate of Barnard College, hold a Master of Social Work from Columbia University and am a PhD candidate in Widener University's Human Sexuality Program where I received a Master of Education. I am also the founder and president of the Long Island Institute of Sex Therapy (LIIST).

I am currently recruiting participants for a research study that may be of interest to you. This study is about the sexuality of lesbian survivors of breast cancer. Every participant who completes the study will receive a $20 Coupon Voucher for use at!

You may be eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- 21 years of age or older
- Identify as a member of the lesbian community (Both lesbian women without a breast cancer history and lesbian survivors of breast cancer can participate. "Woman" and "Lesbian" are broadly defined).
- Have been diagnosed with breast cancer at any stage 

If you would be interested in sharing this survey, that would be a great help. The National LGBT Cancer Network, LGBT Health Link, Young Survival Coalition, Out With Cancer, and Living Beyond Breast Cancer are among the many organizations who have assisted in advertising this survey.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at Below is a copy of the flier and here is a link to the study. Thank you for your time and consideration.

For your records, the Widener University IRB approves this study until 1/15/17 under study number 52-16.

Rosara Torrisi

Leave a Comment