Issues following treatment and remission

I'm having some bothersome issues following treatment and remission of Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma and wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing these same things. I was dx with stage 3 marginal zone b cell non Hodgkin's lymphoma in July of 2014. I had 5 rounds of RCHOP chemotherapy and was told I was in remission in January of 2015. Since that time I've had follow up blood work every 4 months with everything coming back great as my oncologist puts it. He said that due to my young age (56 in July) Pet or CT scans are not recommend unless something comes up with the bookstore or I have any issues where he is I feel a scan in necessarily. I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis since 1989 and chronic fatigue is one of my biggest problems. My symptoms I'm having now and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same are chronic fatigue, shortness of breath with even the slightest exertion, heart palpitations, slow heart rate (sometimes as low as in the high 30's), severe sweats day and night. I know that chemo can damage the heart and have had several echo cardiogram while I've been in remission that have come back as normal. I've been hospitalized for the low heart rate and was told be one cardiologist that I had sick sinus syndrome and would need a pacemaker however during my post hospital visit with a different cardiologist from the same practice nothing was mentioned wonderabout that. Was advised to lose weight, exercise and cut back on salt. No explanation for palpitations, low heart rate or shortness of breath. These all feel like they are related to me. When I feel the palpitations I feel more fatigued and short of breath. When I take my blood pressure during these episodes my heart rate is always low. In addition to the heart stuff, fatigue, and severe sweats I have severe itching usually at night but occasionally during the day. I know I'm dragging this out, sorry. So anyway that's the majority of the stuff that I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing post treatment and remission. Thanks!

Leave a Comment