Looking for other young ovarian cancer survivors

I was diagnosed with stage 1c germ cell ovarian cancer at the age of 22. I finish chemo in June but I haven't been able to talk to anyone that has gone through what I have. My type of ovarian cancer is different than what most women get. As silly as it sounds it's hard to relate to them about their journey...just looking if anyone else out there had the same  type of cancer that I did

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I was diagnosed with stage 2b ovarian germ cell cancer and finished chemo for it last August, I've never connected with anyone who had been in a similar situation before if you want to talk!
  • Tori825Tori825 Community Member
    I was diagnosed in February 2015 with stage 3C, not germ cell but surface epithelium. I was 24 and it's actually even more rare for someone in their 20s to get this form (not to belittle your type of cancer whatsoever). I'm just saying, trying to find someone who can understand what you're going through when you're a needle in a medical haystack is one of the most frustrating feelings in the world. I'm just under a year and a half in and I've been through three types of chemo, two gynecological surgeries, one intestinal surgery (very recent), and dozens of infusions of magnesium and potassium (thanks to my messed up kidneys). So if you want to talk about stuff, I've been through a lot of it.
  • aliali Community Member
    Hi, I think we can relate! I was diagnosed with 1C germ cell in December- 24 years old.  I just finished chemo a few months ago. Feel free to email me at any time. I'd love to talk! ali.fox23@gmail.com 

• elpat29elpat29 Community Member
    Hi! I was diagnosed with a germ cell tumor back in June 2011 at age 15. Glad to hear you've finished chemo! If you have any questions or anything send them my way!

Leave a Comment