Scared to be optimistic?

Hey everyone. My name's Ellise and last month I was diagnosed with diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Even though I know this form of cancer is highly treatable, sometimes when I feel optimistic I get a little nervous because if treatment doesn't end up working or something goes wrong, I don't want to feel the same kind of trauma I've already felt from being diagnosed. I guess sometimes I hinder my own optimism. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • AnkaAnka Community Member
    Hey.
    My name is Anka. I'm from germany (so in advance: sorry for the mistakes). In my opinion it's really important to think positiv. Celebrate the good days during chemo and they will help you to overcome the bad days.
    I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in february this year. I had my leg removed but being optimistic really helps me a lot. I am in the hospital right now for another cycle of chemo and last saturday i had a bbq with family and friends. This is what gets through the chemo now.
    So stay positiv. I wish you all the best.
    Anka
  • Being optimistic will definitely help you in future.
  • Even so this kind of yank as Buy CSGO Skins a result of getting some sort of are not also found concerning beneficial flaw. A great 60mb principle substantial world-wide-web is normally much easier dependable, seriously isn't basically the program? Most of us dwell a lot of very likely personaly whimpering which will beneficial computer system is normally major bejeezers, other Cheap CSGO Skins than combined acclimate the majority cooldown form.
  • Hey Elise, I am Stephenee. I was diagnosed in Feb with Classic Hodgkin's Lymphoma four months after my father passed from Pancreatic Cancer. I am stage 3B, barley making it out of stage 4 because it was not in my bone marrow. I had a lot of complications because mine was so bad and where it was was everywhere but more so on my heart. Therefore it was trying to kill me hard and fast and almost did, and they did everything they could to save my life. I just finished 12 rounds of chemo 3 weeks ago, and had a PET CT Scan confirming that I am cancer free. Today I had a radiation consultation and I will have to start radiation every single day for an entire month because mine was so bulky and aggressive they are really worried it is going to come back stronger and harder to beat and this time it will kill me. I understand trauma, I completely do. It is worth it to be optimistic and positive about everything. You definitely will have your moments where you want to stop fighting and give up and feel very down. And that's okay to be weak sometimes, we can't always be strong all the time. Spend time doing things you enjoy when you are feeling up to it, hang out with good people (friends&family). Them making you laugh and smile is what will get you through the rough times. Support is what we all want the most. Sometimes it's nice to even just have someone there to listen to. But it is also nice reaching out to someone who knows exactly what you are going through. Because friends and family can understand to a point, and try and put themselves in your shoes but having people out there going through what you are going through, or went through really helps. They know how it feels to be down and to go through trauma and struggles. I got diagnosed when I was 20 years old and have been dealing with cancer since I was barley 18 turning 19 due to my father. It is hard, and it hurts and it sucks. But we are going through what we are going through to live right. My favorite saying is "I'm on a roller coaster that can only go up" use it and abuse it. It has helped me so much when i'm feeling my worst. That saying is actually from the movie "The Fault in our Stars". If you haven't seen it, it really hits home but it is such a good movie. Anyways, I hope this helps. I am always here to talk. I've been through it all. More than imaginable. 

-Stephenee <3
  • I hope you are doing well now. I just got diagnosed at 63. Very shocking but explains why I was feel lousy and tired for so long. Mine is in my bone marrow too, as well as chest, neck and giant armpit lymph node. One chemo so far. Sounds like you have had it rough. Hope to hear that you are cancer free!!!
  • I agree with the other comments. Know that chemo and radiation are successful for many more patients than not. So the odds are in your favor. When you feel optimistic, don't get nervous. Take the optimism and channel it into strength: a fists-up, ready to fight strength to continue to battle. Surround yourself with your support team and ride the wave of strength. Yes, NHL treatment can last a while, but it works. Stay strong.