Chronic Illness/Cancer Blog

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, and I really appreciate everything Stupid Cancer does and stands for. I was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in January 2016, after 20 years of chronic pancreatitis, 2 years of type 1 diabetes, and a year full of complications as my cancer spread. I turned 30 four months after my diagnosis, and I've struggled to find community among other cancer survivors my age. I'm so glad Stupid Cancer exists!

I've just started a blog about my experiences living with chronic illnesses, and I'm happy to share it with all of you. I strongly believe that illness and disability are not anything to hide or to be ashamed of, contrary to the messages we get from society. I think it's important to share our experiences and raise awareness of the everyday realities for people living with chronic illness and disabilities. I'm also hoping to find some community and solidarity among other cancer and chronic illness survivors. Please feel free to share your experiences in the comments. Thank you in advance!