hi I'm new and a little different

While treading through a slow divorce last year 12/15 I had a brain stem stroke. I live alone and and have 2 teens and 1 boy in his early 20s. I had the stroke and went back to bed instead of calling 911-mistake. 12 /4 craniotomy. Didn't work so I got a 2/12 vp shunt placement brain surgery. 2/12 Mid March I came back to conscienceness. Meaning I remember almost nothing 12-1 to mid March. On 6/2 I was taken to the hospital and got an emergency subdural hematoma. Recovery reset! No warning and no preparation. I think this was actually a benefit. The no warning part overall I woke up to how lucky I was 1in ten chance of death and all that. I. Was glad to be alive but totally confused. I am in the process of picking up my somewhat destroyed life now and just trying to get better. My friends and family came together to help, a few I haven't seen since I can remember. But several were epically awesome in helping me. Some of my friends are gone like they were never there at all. The way I see it'no one expects this to happen and what happens next is what happens next. The most frustrating thing about all of this is my recovery. The worst time of my life. I keep getting better and I have been shown my old state. but people just don't understand the monumental lack of movement that my recovery SEEMS to be talking. Many other daily frustrations. I wish I couldbemorepositivebut...

Leave a Comment