Newly diagnosed endometrial cancer.

Hey all,
I have had issues with my menstrual cycles and other health concerns that I had been bringing up to my doctors for years. Every one of those doctors simply put me on birth control and sent me on my way. For ten years this went on, until this past September when I was finally diagnosed with PCOS. Unfortunately, the PCOS had been left un-checked for too long and made a perfect home for endo cancer which was found after they did surgery to remove a growth and the build up of endometrial lining in my uterus. I met with one gynecologic oncologist and have a second opinion coming up. I've been doing research to prepare myself, but still have a lot of unanswered thoughts.

Is it completely irrational to want to go back and let one or two of the doctors who had sent me on my way know what happened? Not to yell at them or try to shame them in any way, just to let them know so that hopefully they don't make the same mistake again.

I guess I'm just wondering if there are any other women out there with endo cancer as well and if you'd be willing to talk about your experience.what treatment method you went with and why?

Opinions on hormone therapy to delay hysterectomy?

I'm single and childless so making fertility choices for myself that will not only affect me, but a future partner later on is intimidating. Any perspective on that would be appreciated.

Plus any other helpful advice as well of course. First cancer diagnosis, (hopefully the last), so I am new to all of this.

Thanks!
-Courtney

Leave a Comment