Endometrial adenocarcinoma

I was diagnosed in 1999 at age 25 and had a hysterectomy. Where are my peeps?

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am with ya! Diagnosed in January 2004 with Endometrial cancer at age 22 and had a hysterectomy too. How are you now?
  • DMMDMM Community Member
    Hilly Hill;603 said:
    I am with ya! Diagnosed in January 2004 with Endometrial cancer at age 22 and had a hysterectomy too. How are you now?

In regards to the endometrial cancer...no recurrence, everything is fine in regards to that. Unfortunately, I got diagnosed with a rare second cancer (small bowel) in 2009. The Cancer Fairy was so nice, she decided to give it to me twice! Excuse my warped sense of humor, sometimes its the only thing that gets me through the day. ;-)

How are you doing now?
  • Dawn Manoly;604 said:
    In regards to the endometrial cancer...no recurrence, everything is fine in regards to that. Unfortunately, I got diagnosed with a rare second cancer (small bowel) in 2009. The Cancer Fairy was so nice, she decided to give it to me twice! Excuse my warped sense of humor, sometimes its the only thing that gets me through the day. ;-)

How are you doing now?
    I am doing well, 7 years this month! It's crazy...sometimes it seems like forever ago, sometimes it seems like yesterday. No worries about the warpedness, I often tell people who talk about their kids that I am buying mine on the internet. They don't laugh, but I do. LOL. Whatever gets us through, right? Sorry about the second dose, that cancer fairy is a real b*&#%. Are you in treatment now?
    Hilly Hill;620 said:
    I am doing well, 7 years this month! It's crazy...sometimes it seems like forever ago, sometimes it seems like yesterday. No worries about the warpedness, I often tell people who talk about their kids that I am buying mine on the internet. They don't laugh, but I do. LOL. Whatever gets us through, right? Sorry about the second dose, that cancer fairy is a real b*&#%. Are you in treatment now?

Congrats on the 7 years cancerversary! I definitely know what you mean...some days it does seem like forever, other days it feels like not long ago. That's ok, I tell people I have two 4-legged furry children and happy with them because I don't have to worry about sending them to kitty college. I usually just gets weird looks. ;-)

I finished chemo in March 2010, and now I am just going for regular blood work and CT scans every few months and yearly colonscopies & upper endoscopes for the GI Oncologist. I also see a GYN Oncologist for ultrasounds of my ovaries, mammograms & ultrasounds every six months and all that other fun stuff. :p
  • Thanks! I definitely understand the poke, prod, scrap, scan, repeat...ugh. I am at the every 2 year check up now. After this one, it should be every 5 *fingers crossed*. I love the cat children idea, I'm should start telling people I adopted a 14 year old from Mexico (I have an old Chihuahua, lol).
    Hilly Hill;700 said:
    Thanks! I definitely understand the poke, prod, scrap, scan, repeat...ugh. I am at the every 2 year check up now. After this one, it should be every 5 *fingers crossed*. I love the cat children idea, I'm should start telling people I adopted a 14 year old from Mexico (I have an old Chihuahua, lol).

You should definitely tell people your "baby" is 14 years old! You should get some funny reactions to that one! :)
  • Lol! It would be funny to watch the confusion on their faces.
  • MelindaMelinda Community Member
    Howdy my fellow hystersisters! I was diagnosed in July of 2008 and had my surgery a month later.

I know what you mean about some people not getting the humor. I had to get a CAT scan a month ago to diagnose a kidney stone. I was laying there and the tech said before she turned on the machine, "Now there is no way you could be pregnant, right?" She didn't really appreciate my comment of "No, ma'am. If I was that would go way beyond immaculate conception because I don't have a uterus." I restrained myself from adding, "This akward moment brought to you by not reading my chart and stupid cancer."
    Melinda;2187 said:
    I restrained myself from adding, "This akward moment brought to you by not reading my chart and stupid cancer."

Hi Melinda!

OMG! I am stealing that line the next time I have a doctor's appointment. In fact next week I have an appointment with a new primary care doctor so when I fill out the endless medical history forms I plan to give all the forms back with a big bright neon post it note with the following written on it...

Dear Doctor and Nurses,

I had a hysterectomy at age 25 because of my 1st cancer. I always clearly note that fact in my medical history wherever I go. So with that, I ask you to NEVER ask me if I'm pregnant, because the answer is NO and always will be NO. The fact that doctors, nurses and technicians don't take the time to read my patient chart and continue to ask me if I'm pregnant, just keeps adding more insults to my injury, reminding me what Stupid Cancer has taken away from me. So would you do me a favor and have a some compassion for my little Cancerous Soul? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Your new snarky patient & two time cancer survivor :)
  • Love it! I had someone ask me that, and the first time I totally broke down and cried. The nurse was totally embarrassed, after that...now I am rude and snarky too! People are stupid!!!
  • MelindaMelinda Community Member
    Hillary - if people would read our medical charts, like they are supposed to, we would not have this problem. My PCP asked me if I was pregnant a few months ago before he gave me some antibiotics. Now I know that these are routine questions doctors are trained to ask, but come on! Try remembering something about your patients.
  • Totally agreed! If you can't check my chart, my confidence in that I am getting the right medicine or treatment is shaken. Plus, the insensitivity of the whole thing. It is a very personal thing and I have had people ask me about children all over the place. The difference is that in a hospital or doctors office, you HAVE that info so you shouldn't be asking me about pregnancy.

Leave a Comment