Colon cancer

Hi! My name is julia i was recently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer and I came across this page and it is nice to know there are other people out there who get what I am going through. I just sort of wanted to know what to expect from chemo and stuff like that since I will be starting next week Monday for the first time. I'm nervous about everything but im rready to fight

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey, I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer a few years ago. Each person can react differently to chemo, but for me the side effects were relatively minor. I was a little weaker and a little nauseous, sometimes loosing my apatite, but that was about it. I didn't loose my hair, and in general my condition improved. My pain decreased and I was able to gain weight. Stay strong, I know this is scary but you can do it. The best advice anyone gave me when I was diagnosed was you're stronger than you think you are. If you have anymore questions feel free to message me on here.
  • mrepatomrepato Community Member
    I was recently diagnosed with colon cancer stage IV as well. I'm on my 3rd round of chemo. What's your treatment? I'm doing FOLFOX. Most of my side effects are nausea, loss of appetite, tingling sensation, diarrhea and hair thinning. Feel free to message me! I would love to hear your chemo treatments it would be nice to hear from you!