Any Chicagoians?

My name is Amanda, I am 28 years old, and in October 2015 I was diagnosed with AML Leukemia. Treatment was a struggle especially having to spend months in the hospital. In February of 2016, I had a bone marrow transplant which ended up going really well for me with no major setbacks. I have now been in remission for almost a year, but still don't feel 100% healthy because recovering from a bone marrow transplant takes awhile.

This past year has been really hard on me emotionally. The emotional struggle is so much worse than the physical struggle has been. Even though my family and close friends have been really supportive throughout the whole process, I feel so alone and long for my old life. Also, because my family and friends have never experienced cancer first hand, it's hard for them to really understand what I am going through. I want to meet people In their 20s or 30s living in Chicago, going through a similar emotional struggle. I think connecting with other cancer survivors can help me. So I am wondering if anyone living in Chicago would like to meet up sometime, vent, and provide support to one another?

Answers

Leave a Comment