I don't know if I should tell anyone that I have cancer? I was just told today by by my MD...

I don't know if I should tell anyone that I have cancer? I was just told today by by my MD... and it's not good. I think I might be better if I just keep it to myself...I don't know?

Best Answers

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Generally, it's not a good idea to go through diagnosis and treatment alone. Do you have someone who can be there for you, to give you strength to fight or cope with your recent diagnosis, or at least accompany you to the hospital or clinic?

Do you have family or close friends that would be upset by the diagnosis? You may think that it's not fair to burden them with bad news, but think about it from their perspective? If they love you, I think they would rather know than not know.
  • edited March 11 Answer ✓ Vote Up0Vote Down
    My family was the only one that knew about it when I was diagnosed. I didn't want to tell anyone, I don't know why. It took me 2 months to finally share what i'm going through and you know what, I don't regret it because I had so much support that came out of it. You don't have to go through this alone! If you need to talk, feel free to message me!

Answers