Coping with Cancer

Linda258Linda258 Community Member
Having cancer is often one of the most stressful experiences in a person’s life. The family members and friends of a person coping with cancer may also find themselves under a great deal of stress. In some cases, we can even connect with some professional support which can help people cope with the emotional aspects of cancer by providing a safer place to share their feelings and challenges. I have been around many people struggling with cancer in my family and work circles and I can understand how terrible the condition is. I recently came across an article- http://www.cbtassociates.com/blog/coping-with-cancer/coping-with-cancer/ which explains the treatment approaches for coping with cancer. I believe it will be helpful for someone and I further suggest that it would probably be best to attend some counseling sessions who could provide further assistance for the disease. Hope for the best. Thanks.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Q4lifeQ4life Community Member
    Thanks for the article I will check it out.

I encountered caregiver fatigue syndrome. I was recovering after my mastectomy & fought with my family over my independence. I’m stubborn but know when to ask for help. I had it out with my family when they would over react when I would push myself. I had to take a trip to another country to give us both a break & demonstrate my ability to care for myself.

Having cancer feels like a constant now what vigilance and anxiety generator. I have to remind myself I can handle anything life presents. I am strong. I also find research & medical articles on coping helps.