New here, but not new to this

Hi everyone,
I am new to this
site, and do not usually post on sites like this but I just need people who understand to talk to I guess.
A little about me: I am 22 years old and live in Ontario Canada. When I was 11 I was diagnosed with urothelial carcinoma (bladder cancer) however it was found late and had already spread. After 3 years of chemo, radiation, cyber knife and surgery I went into remission at age 14. I relapsed again when I was 16, when mets were found in my lungs. Again after treatment I went into remission when I was 17. However during my first year of university In the fall of 2013 I knew something was wrong. By the time it was found it was in my lungs, liver, pancreas, and brain. I have been battling this since then, and although I am used to this life it has not been easy. I managed to do treatments and surgeries, and continue with school. I will be graduating from university next month!
According to my doctors I am in stage 4, however I do not think I am dying I am just living with it. It is very hard though. I can feel my body getting weaker. About two years ago I was diagnosed with a secondary cancer, which is lung. I use oxygen at night, and when I am at home, however I refuse to use it at school. This is scary. Although this has been my life I sometime wish I could just get a break from it.

I have to decide within the next two weeks if I want to go ahead with brain surgery. I have had brain surgery before, and I honestly do not want to go through that again.If I don't though, I will just get worse. I am supposed to start teachers college in the fall, not be thinking about a life time frame. But again its life I guess.
Anyone have any opinions on having the brain surgery? My family, especially my mom are awesome and supportive but sometimes it is nice to talk to people who truly understand what Im dealing with.

Thanks for listening
Tagged:

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • JConleyJConley Community Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to give on the subject of your surgery.

But you have a great outlook and it seems like you are extremely intelligent, resilient, and dedicated. I am certain you will make the right decision.

All the best.
  • ElenaElena Community Member
    I am sorry about the experience you are going through. I saw some profiles on Instagram of people who had brain surgery, you could find them by #brainsurgery and contact directly. I wish I could help you more but I don't know how...

Leave a Comment