Anaplastic Astrocytoma stage 3

Hi, I am looking to talk with someone who has been diagnosed with stage (grade) 3 Anaplastic Astrocytoma. My dad was diagnosed in January of 2016, he also underwent surgery in January of 2016. Unfortunately, they were unable to remove the whole tumor. Following the surgery, he aggressive radiation and chemotherapy for 7 straight weeks. After recovering from that, he was getting chemotherapy at the hospital and eventually started he started chemo from home in pill form. They have now stopped Chemo over 6 months ago and he goes every 3 months for an MRI. I don't want to get to much into his story until I know if this site is active. If anyone sees this please get back to me. I have so many questions. Thank you so much and I wish all of you on this site the best. ❤

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • AnnetteAnnette Community Member
    Hello,
    It is so understandable that you have a lot of questions. I have had a brain tumor since 2006 and was recently upgraded to an Anaplastic Astrocytoma. I am currently doing chemo and radiation. Please be careful in what you read because they are just giving an average. If I believed what I read back in 2006, I wouldn't be alive today. If I can help you in anyway, I will answer your questions.

Leave a Comment