New here! Grade 3 Anaplastic Astrocytoma & Leukemia

hollymarieandershollymarieanders Community Member
edited August 2017 in Introductions Vote Up0Vote Down
Hey everyone!

My name is Holly Marie, and I've been battling cancer for just over a year now. I just turned 29 last month, am married, and have two dogs and one cat. I was originally diagnosed with a grade 3 Ana plastic astrocytoma, and the chemo I received caused leukemia, so I am now also battling that. I am currently undergoing radiation to treat my brain tumor (named Lyle) and two new tumors in my pelvis area.

I enjoy writing, art, taking photos, playing games, and have a weird fascination with zombies. I collect Funko Pop figures as well as Disney pins, and I try to go to Disneyland as often as I can.

I look forward to getting to know you all and make new friends who understand the struggle!

xoxo
Holly Marie

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Zombies?! I'm scared of zombies... I have a fundamental issue with anything that eats people. Welcome Holly :) I am 30 with metastatic melanoma about to have surgery for a brain met in my right frontal lobe followed by gamma knife. Happily single with one dog that keeps me smiling :D Nice to meet you!
  • PaulinePauline Community Member
    Hi Holly Marie I too have just been diagnosed with an inoperable grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma, I have had 6 weeks radiotherapy then a 4 week break and have just started temozolomide chemotherapy capsules , I take300 mg daily for 5 days then have a blood test 23 days later making the treatment 28 day cycles I was told this would be for 12 months .How long into treatment did you get the secondary tumours and how did you find them ?.What chemo did you receive and did you have any of your tumour removed .I hope you dont mind me asking i am trying to keep positive but am struggling at the moment and your post sounded so cheery

Leave a Comment