I am going to have surgery September 7th, with pretesting on the 29th of August. I have a 2.0 + centimeter tumor with nodules I think? Very green to all this. I guess I do not know what I am in for, but thought I would join in just in case I have questions when my journey begins.
Tagged:

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Wish you the best of luck with your surgery! I go in for brain surgery to remove a 2 cm x 3 cm brain melanoma met (well we assume that's what it is since I have metastatic melanoma) from my right frontal lobe on August 28th... I've had surgery to my lung, breast, and back in the past plus a few sentinnel lymph node biopsies without any trouble but not going to lie I'm not super enthusiastic about having my head sliced open. In the end though I think the more cancer they can get out with surgery the better :) Take care and hang in there, tough waiting.
  • SurvivedSurvived Community Member
    Hope everything goes well with your surgery mjgshades@01.
    Mishanne, I also had brain surgery, twice, so I have little experience with that. I know it's hard not to focus on the whole "brain surgery" thing, but it's the best option. I had a tumor show up in my 2011 MRI brain scans and they didn't have me in to have surgery for 3 months. Those 3 months were probably the worst I've ever experience because all that was on my mind was: A.) Is this thing cancer and am I going to have to go through chemo and radiation again and B.) Is the brain surgery going to be as bad as the one I had back in 2000, which really threw me for a loop. I hope everything goes well with your surgery, Mishanne.
  • Came through surgery with flying colors... At least I think I'm mentally still all there lol. Funny my head hurts though - surprise surprise!
  • I am glad that your surgery went well.

Leave a Comment