Hello everyone, although I am a new member to this, I have been dealing with leukemia since 2008. My name is Matt and im 26 years old. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic leukemia when I was a senior in high school in 2008. I went into remission right away and stayed in remission for about 5 years. After I relapsed I had a double umbilical cord stem cell transplant in April of 2014. I was in remission for almost 2 years when it came back again and I was told that the faculty that I was going to have exhausted their resources. So I turned to Seattle and Fred Hutch. I got accepted into the CAR-T immunotherapy trial and again achieved remission. Almost 18 months later I relapsed for the 4th time and am back in seattle for a 2nd attempt. I condensed alot of my story but I am having a hard time this time trying to stay positive. Not sure what I am looking for on here but I wanted to share my story.

Thanks, Matt

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey Matt, I'm 30 with metastatic melanoma and get treated at the SCCA, I believe the Fred Hutch lab was responsible for my TIL therapy I had awhile back. Not sure if you were aware but the SCCA does have a young adult support group that meets every other Monday evening (next one is this coming Monday evening 11/6). You are supposed to RSVP, the number is on their website under support groups - when I called they didn't respond at first so I called the general social workers number there which got a faster response. Wish you the best with your treatment and everything!
  • Hello Matt!! Nice to meet to, I am also new here. I have been caregiver to my family. We have a family history cancer patients and survivors.

Leave a Comment