Colorectal cancer

Hi...my wife has been battling with colorectal cancer since June 2017. She has been through chemo (5Fu) and radiation. She was scheduled for surgery for a resection of the colon (colostomy) due to the tumor growing into the spincter muscle. As we got closer to surgery date (11-30-17) it was determined that she would also need reconstructive surgery due to the tumor invading into the vaginal wall behind the colon..on the day of her surgery they opened her up, and then abruptly stopped the surgery. The doctor called me to a room, and informed me he found cancer seeds in her abdominal cavity. I believe this is refered to as peritoneal carcinomatosis? So he said that it would not benefit her to have the surgery as it wouldn't save her life or give her more time, and only put her at risk for additional complications. He suggested that we simply do more chemo and radiation. He stated the cancer was going to kill her..So my question is this: has anybody been through this and if so, are there any other treatment options out there..any suggestions..i am desperate to save my wife..i have a second opinion appointment but its weeks away..