Kids Konnected

If you have children who have cancer in their lives, Kids Konnected is a wonderful program. We are lucky enough to have it available, we drive 35 minutes but feel lucky to have it. The children of all ages meet with counselors and play and do things together and they might throw in some talking here and there but overall they don't feel alone in what they might be going through. We have an 8 year old daughter, Willow and she is so happy after we meet. The parents meet while they do too, sometimes that can be helpful also. But if you dont' have it available they do have a website that you can order a gift box that comes with Hope the bear and a book that works through cancer feelings...it's great. Just want to put it out there it's been very helpful to us.

http://kidskonnected.org/

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • DMMDMM Community Member
    Autumn Dale;1305 said:
    If you have children who have cancer in their lives, Kids Konnected is a wonderful program. We are lucky enough to have it available, we drive 35 minutes but feel lucky to have it. The children of all ages meet with counselors and play and do things together and they might throw in some talking here and there but overall they don't feel alone in what they might be going through. We have an 8 year old daughter, Willow and she is so happy after we meet. The parents meet while they do too, sometimes that can be helpful also. But if you dont' have it available they do have a website that you can order a gift box that comes with Hope the bear and a book that works through cancer feelings...it's great. Just want to put it out there it's been very helpful to us.

http://kidskonnected.org/

That is a great resource! I'm glad to see programs like these finally popping up over the past several years. I wish this was around when I was 15 when my dad was diagnosed with cancer.
  • It is really great, it's not huge, I don't think people know about it! We were told through Ben's cancer center. And at first you don't know why you need it...after a few meetings and time going through everything you finally get it. lol I know right...I'm sorry you had to go through that. As adults we have so much going on on top of the illness...financially and all of the above...keeping the kids together is so important to for them to know they have someone to talk to if they can't go to mom or dad. Our daughter's school is offering a counselor for her once a week too, in which they don't do. So that is amazing also. :) Any support people can get to get through this or to help cope. I say yay! :)