Here we go again!!!!

i was first diagnosed on May 1, 2008,With Hodgkins Lymphoma since then i have been through chemo then radiation, went in to remission for 6 months, got pneumonia and had a scan which revealed my lymphoma coming back again was then thrown straight back into high dose chemo had to wait about 4 months and then did stemcell replacement, which according to my doc was the cure all of everything and they only do a scan as a benchmark for any future scans which they dont do unless they suspect anything, at my last chechup i requested another scan cause i was feeling pains again just like the very first diagnoses so they complied and guess what its back again, now i go for surgery and later stemcell replacement yet again but this time i need to find a donor they say siblings are best but its a 1 in 4 chance they will match i have 1 brother fingers are crossed and i am thankful he will do anything to help his little brother out. leaves you wondering if this is ever gonna end i am going on 3 yrs of this now and work has been holding my job for however just recieved the wonderful news my plant is closing end of march so now i will have no benefits and more treatments to follow, and have 3 kids to support thank god for friends and family. :pray:

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well I hope things get better for you eventually Rick! Best of luck with your treatment and everything. I'm glad to hear you have friends and family there for you, they definitely were a big help to me (my parents are paying all my medical bills!).
  • Wow...Rick, that's rough, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this again! I hope that we can help add to the support group you already have in place. I hope your brother turns out to be a match for you so hopefully you can put all of this behind you soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
  • Rick I know..

In a way Rick, I can honest say I know where you are comming from. I was diagnoised with Hodgkin's Lymphoma back in Dercember 1981. I was treated, and in late 1987 became a Long Term Survivor. The Tumor in my upper chest began to shrink not long after i started my Chemotherapy and Radiation treatments.
    Unfortunately cancer again showed up in my body only this time it was not HL but a genetic type of colon cancer which I was diagnosed with in June of 2010. My treatment is alot less agressive this time around beacuse the cancer is a slow growth type and I am taking my chemo Orally, and the doseage is not as strong. Hopefully without any serious side effects I will be done by late April, or early May.

Needless to say I was frustrated about my diagnosis but I think the long time between my HL and Colon Cancer Dx's leesend my anxiety. Plus I had other medical issues that I delt with which were not related to my original Dx of HL before my Dx of Colon Cancer this past summer.