I just got a new batch of mead brewing the other day.
10lb honey (mostly clover and blueberry blossom honey)
~5lb frozen blueberries - most of which I picked myself last summer
2 whole bourbon vanilla beans from the Seychelles Is. in the Indian Ocean
Lalvin RC-212 yeast (I read that because this strain is good for red wines, it also works well with other dark fruits like blueberries)
OG is 1.141, which means there's a theoretical alcohol content of 20%, but because it's so high, the reality is that the more realistic final alcohol content will be closer to 16%, or the maximum for the particular strain of yeast I'm using. This also means that there will be some residual sweetness left over from unfermented sugars.
I'm brewing in a 6.5gal fermenter, and I filled it to about the 5gal mark. The volume will drop somewhat because some of the volume of the sugars is getting converted to CO2 gas.
The fermentation was cranking away within hours of pitching the yeast, so it seems things are off to a healthy start. RC-212 is a nutrient-hog of a strain of yeast, so I need to keep on top of nutrient supplementation. I started off with some nutrient supplementation, and today (day 2), I added some more. I might have to add some more in a couple of days, too, just to be on the safe side. Stressed yeast cells will foul a brew in no time. My first mead got flushed because of that.
In the end, though, I suspect it will yield me somewhere between 16-20 bottles (750ml wine bottles). It will probably require a year or more of aging to achieve the best flavor, so I guess I better get to work on a wine cellar.