Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Ask a Question

Has anyone NOT lost their hair on drugs that cause hairloss?

I don't lose my hair much. Some falls out, but nothing that's really noticeable except to me. *I have a LOT of hair to begin with.* I can see some of the loss around my hairline, but that's all. The amount that comes out in my hands doesn't seem to reflect how much hair I have on my head.

Is anyone else like this? I haven't met anyone else that doesn't lose their hair like me, and my doctor can't explain it either.

...anyone? :confused:

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My chemo doesn't cause hair loss, so there's that. However, I still did lose some hair from the radiation, so... haha
  • I was on Avastin and Interferon. I didn't notice any hair loss - until about 3 months after starting treatment. Then it started coming out a lot more. My hair thinned pretty bad, but I never lost all of it. It was still falling out almost 2 months after I stopped the drugs. I cut my hair short because it was stringy and gross. That helped but it has been almost 9 months since I stopped the drugs and I'm still dealing with whisps that are trying desperately to grow back. It happens. Not everyone reacts the same way to the drugs.
  • Niki Koval;5394 said:
    I don't lose my hair much. Some falls out, but nothing that's really noticeable except to me. *I have a LOT of hair to begin with.* I can see some of the loss around my hairline, but that's all. The amount that comes out in my hands doesn't seem to reflect how much hair I have on my head.

Is anyone else like this? I haven't met anyone else that doesn't lose their hair like me, and my doctor can't explain it either.

...anyone? :confused:

I lost very little hair myself. It didnt make alot of sense because I was given some pretty intense chemo. I feel kind of guilty saying this but I felt disappointed in way because I did not loose alot of hair. It felt ackward to pretty much have a head of hair while pretty much everyone around you was losing most if not all of their's.
  • I completed my first round of chemotherapy (Temodar) and radiation therapy this week. I lost some hair from the radiation but nothing too terribly noticeable. You can only tell where I part my hair. I can already tell that my hair isn't falling out as much since I have completed radiation.
  • i had 6 rounds of ABVD and didn't lose my hair as i was "supposed to". everyone does respond differently. i was all ready to lose it. chopped my hair off in anticipation, bought the wig, etc.
  • I didnt loose it all... I did shave my head when it started to fall out, and continued to shave it weekly to keep it short and light!
  • I didn't loose my hair. I had Taxol and Carboplatin over about 4 months, and I was my doctors first patient to not loose my hair. It thinned, but I didn't loose it.
  • Like Pomegranate, I did not lose my hair, but also cut it real short just in case and bought a few wigs. Everytime I combed my hair I thought the hair loss had started, but it never really happened. My doctor was surprised. At each appointment, he asked if I was losing hair.
  • DMMDMM Community Member
    I had 12 rounds of FOLFOX and my hair just thinned, I didn't go bald. I did cut my hair short (donated about 20 inches of my hair to Locks of Love) in case I was heading for the shiny head look. I think I actually lost more of my hair before diagnosis because of some serious malnutrition issues than I did chemo. A few months after chemo, my hair got a little thicker but it still isn't as thick as it used to be, but that is probably because I am now dealing with a crapped out thyroid.
  • My little one was diagnosed with ALL (Leukemia) on 9/27/16. During the first month we saw her hair thin out but it just kind of stayed?? Her doctor says she's the only peadiatric patient he's seen who's still got a head full of hair and we are now well into 3rd phase. She's had dexamethasone, 6MP, PEG, Methotrexate, Vincristine along the way (methotrexate via IT and IV)
    We cut her waist long hair after Halloween and she is actually in need of a new trim....it seems the hair that is LEFT on her head needs to be "loved" a little more and it stays...she is NOT growing NEW hair but if anyone didn't know she had cancer?? They wouldn't be able to even see where her hair has thinned? That's how much she's got.
    Granted...the child had a head full of hair with a double crown before we began and the one spot on her left crown where she sleeps on it gets the worst abuse at night and that's one spot that has less hair than anywhere. We use ALL NATURAL shampoos and soaps. No sulphate etc. we only wash hair every 3rd day unless she's gotten into something and gotten it in the hair. She sleeps on cotton pillowcase....night sweats can cause lots of tossing and turning and when that hair gets caught with sweat on a "satin" pillow (<<many suggested that but to me she's more miserable at night so we nixed it) it actually pulls more out. We brush one in the AM and once at night....with a soft bristle brush. NO PRODUCT. Also....no heat. (No blow dryer or curls from a hot iron).
    I can't explain it....she's got dry scalp which would certainly be much easier to treat with lotion to a bald head.....maybe we will try not getting her hair WET during the baths we don't wash hair. for those who can't explain their hair sticking around? Just roll with it and to EVERYONE on chemo....take special care with what's there. Chemicals Aplenty are pumped into cancer patients. Take the time to eliminate the extra chemicals that you CAN by watching the labels of products that you not only eat but that which goes on the skin...hair etc. It soaks into our bodies too.
    Love and hugs for all.
  • Pharmascience product for proper Healthy nutrition skin

Pharmascience product for proper nutrition and skin maintenance will help you prevent skin cancer, sun damage, and other skin conditions. From aging to acne, you can have the best skin possible at any age.
    For More Visit
    ……………………………………………………………
    IPharmascience