OMG 2012 Roommate Finder

Need a roommate for Vegas??

Use this thread to post your information and find other people who are willing to share a room and split the costs.

**The sole purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for people to connect and find potential roommates for Vegas. We bear no responsibility for outcomes.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi all!

I guess I'm the first to post but thought I would do so ASAP to give myself enough time to find a roommate. My name is Tori and I'm a 24-year-old ovarian and uterine cancer survivor from Southern California and this will be my first time attending the summit. I am beyond excited to say the least! I'll be arriving Friday morningish and attending all 3 days so I'm hoping to find someone who is also planning on spending 2 nights. This summit sounds like an incredible event and I'm so exited to meet all the patients, survivors, caregivers and new friends this March!

I don't know if there is a message system on this board, but please feel free to email me at [email]victoriadegen@gmail.com[/email] if you too are looking for a roommate! See you all in a few months!

:D Tori
  • Hey everyone. I POSSIBLY have a roommate but unsure still as of yet! There'll be room for more I'm sure. I plan on staying all 3 days, but I'll be coming in either Thursday eve or Friday late morning and not leaving until Monday. Feel free to message me or email [email]lindsayreakes@hotmail.com[/email] if you're interested in something.
  • tdegen;5610 said:
    Hi all!

I guess I'm the first to post but thought I would do so ASAP to give myself enough time to find a roommate. My name is Tori and I'm a 24-year-old ovarian and uterine cancer survivor from Southern California and this will be my first time attending the summit. I am beyond excited to say the least! I'll be arriving Friday morningish and attending all 3 days so I'm hoping to find someone who is also planning on spending 2 nights. This summit sounds like an incredible event and I'm so exited to meet all the patients, survivors, caregivers and new friends this March!

I don't know if there is a message system on this board, but please feel free to email me at [email]victoriadegen@gmail.com[/email] if you too are looking for a roommate! See you all in a few months!

:D Tori

Tori... I'll possibly be in touch :-) If I don't organize soon I'll never do it lol.
  • I will go ahead and throw my info up here since I will be attending alone(just means I will be meeting more people). My name is Nick I am 22 going to be coming in from SoCal on a motorcycle so not alot of baggage means no big mess. Overall just lookin to reduce the costs considering I am a student on a budget.
  • I'm a 35 year old female survivor of Ewing's sarcoma, a bone cancer that I had in my spine when I was 28/29. I currently live in Boston, MA though I'm from New York originally. I just finished grad school for library science and am on the job hunt. I'm also a writer (formerly a freelancer) and am in the process of trying to get my memoir about being an adult treated in the Pediatric ward of a cancer hospital published.

I'm planning to attend the Summit (have registered) and have booked a room with two beds for $129/night for the first two nights and $99 for the third night plus tax. I understand if you're only staying two nights - you wouldn't have to split the third night with me. So checking in Friday, Mach 30 after 3pm and checking out Monday, April 2nd before 11am.

So if you're looking for a female roommate, contact me at [email]su_ciampa@yahoo.com[/email]

Best,
    Su
  • CareyCarey Community Member
    I'm Carey. I'm a 28 year old male NHL survivor. I'm from North Carolina, currently living in Columbia SC. I'm going to be attending alone and am looking to meet plenty of people this year and reduce expenses as I'm currently out on disability. I'll be arriving early on Friday and leaving very late Sunday. Shoot me an email at [email]carey.scovel@gmail.com[/email] or PM me if you're looking for a roommate.
  • Carey, you need to find Kenny and me this year. We missed you last year. We like to meet as many forum users as possible at OMG.
  • Jason Mlot;6153 said:
    Carey, you need to find Kenny and me this year. We missed you last year. We like to meet as many forum users as possible at OMG.

I don't need a roommate (staying with a friend in the city) but I totally want to meet you guys, too. I have informally talked with Kenny about it on facebook. But I'm going to the conference alone and won't know a single soul. Sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat. Can't wait. :)
  • Roommate finder

Flying in from NC. I have double occupancy booked Fri-Sunday. If you are looking for a roommate, you can email me at [email]vance.amber@gmail.com[/email].
    5+ year Hodgkin's survivor,
    amber
  • hello- I just signed up and excited to go this will be my fist conference to go to. I'm looking also to share costs. I will be coming in on the Friday 30th and staying to Sunday night (4/1) MOnday 4/2. I would like to stay at the Palms. You can email me at [email]diana.devoe@att.net[/email]

Im been a survivor of alveolar rhabdomysarcoma and I struggle with peripheal nueropathy in the lower right extremities. Curious if anyone is having the same issue from their chemo. I look forward to meeting new friends that understaand??!!
This discussion has been closed.