Why me.??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]196[/ATTACH]Sometimes I feel like I am juss waiting to die. I am very realistic and I kno that my cancer can only be managed and I will never be completely cured because I have relapsed 3x..Am I the only one who feels like this.?? I never share my feelings about my situation because I feel like if you arent goin through this you will never understand how I feel...I got ssoooo mad yesterday I sliced my arms repeatedly..I have never done anything like that before and that scares me that i took it that far and that I may take it farther one day...btw Im 20

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Princess Huff;5710 said:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]196[/ATTACH]Sometimes I feel like I am juss waiting to die. I am very realistic and I kno that my cancer can only be managed and I will never be completely cured because I have relapsed 3x..Am I the only one who feels like this.?? I never share my feelings about my situation because I feel like if you arent goin through this you will never understand how I feel...I got ssoooo mad yesterday I sliced my arms repeatedly..I have never done anything like that before and that scares me that i took it that far and that I may take it farther one day...btw Im 20

Princess Huff,

You are sooo not alone! My cancer has spread to my lungs, It's slow-growing, but there's no good treatments out there. The uncertainty of not knowing what will happen next or when the next bad news is coming is enough to drive even the most well-adjusted person a little nuts. It is hard to deal with! Even though my friends & family haven't been through this personally, I know they care. I am sure yours do as well. They just might not know how to show it. If you give them a chance, you might be surprised but the support you find.

But, please, don't hurt yourself, and find someone (anyone!) to talk to about this stuff. Some cancer meds and treatments are know to cause issues with depression and other mood issues, so talk to your docs about this, they'll probably be able to help some. You can post here anytime, and it sounds kinda weird, but there are hotlines out there where you can talk anonymously to a counselor.