Local concert for cancer awareness, Advice?

I am a 25 year old mother with a 4 year old son with ALL. Music runs in our blood. My husband is a musician and lead singer in a local cover band and my 2 boys are little rockstars themselves. So, I found it only appropriate to set my goal for awareness as a concert. I want to specify this all towards a younger genre of cancer, such as childhood and young adult cancers. I have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do with this and where I would like to take it and how to do so. I was hoping to get a little advice thru here that could be helpful. A few questions that have been rolling around in my head are: In raising money what would be the best organization to send the money to? What paperwork would I need to fill out to get the organizations approval to do so? Has anyone done something like this before? If so I would love to find out how you went about doing this. I want to make sure I take care of any red tape to get any money raised to the right place. Some good ideas to help get the ball rolling would be great. Id like to get this set up for late spring or summer so any advice would be wonderful thank you.

Comments