Reports to the Director of Development
Stupid Cancer is the world leader in adolescent and young adult cancer advocacy, research, support, and education. Founded in 2007, Stupid Cancer has spent more than a decade ending isolation, building community, providing education, redefining quality of life, and improving health outcomes for this community. Stupid Cancer just celebrated its 15th birthday but we’re just getting started! If you like building something instead of fixing something and want to have your creative ideas about fundraising from a wide variety of audiences, this might be the job for you.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are an interconnected community, including EVERYONE affected by AYA cancer, where all experiences are honored, celebrated, and seen.
- We believe that all people should receive equal access to quality, holistic cancer care no matter their diagnosis, location, means, age, race/ethnicity, ability, sexuality, or gender.
- We empower our community with comprehensive resources and support.
- We support the AYA community by addressing the real life hurdles that come with cancer as a young person and advocate for change where traditional support systems fall short.
- We connect with our community with an honest, unapologetic voice.
- Our programming is innovative and socially responsive.
Stupid Cancer recognizes the benefits of flexibility in a work schedule, but also the innovation which comes from working collaboratively in-person. Our current schedule is virtual three days a week and in-person at our NYC headquarters in Tribeca two days. The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development.
The Development Manager will report to the Director of Development and manage a wide variety of responsibilities across the fundraising channels of Stupid Cancer.
Primary responsibilities include:
- DIY – Build up the existing DIY program to be a consistent, fun way for folks to give back to Stupid Cancer.
- The Birthday Party – Lead the charge on Stupid Cancer’s “Sweet 16” celebration as a way to engage our community, sponsors and donors
- Another Stupid Marathon – Help grow Stupid Cancer’s virtual marathon (currently at $30,000 / 350 participants in its second year) into our signature event with a goal of $100,000-plus by 2025
- Assist the Director of Development in developing a comprehensive annual development plan and goals
- Cultivate and manage relationships with donors and volunteer fundraisers
- Solicit new and past donors for fundraising campaigns
- Assist is securing sponsors and donors for the annual conference (CancerCon)
- Manage donor stewardship and acknowledgment
- Conduct prospect research, track donor engagement and update CRM database
- Prepare development reports and analyses as needed
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of development experience, with demonstrated ability to raise revenue with a preference in digital and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Online and social media-driven fundraising campaign experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sensibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-efficiency, low-overhead environment with multiple priorities and demands, with a small but dedicated staff
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $ 50,000 – $65,000
Eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical,
Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
Please submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to Director of Development, Eddie Mouradian at [email protected].