- This event has passed.
Storytelling Open Mic: AYA Awareness Week
April 9 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
To close out this year’s AYAWare Week, join us for a Storytelling Open Mic to build community with your adolescent and young adult peers in an intimate, welcoming space. Get on “stage” to share your story or listen to others talk about their cancer journey and experience. No storytelling experience required, and no topics are off limits!
If you’d like to share a story but don’t know where to start, here are some prompts for inspiration:
– What’s the biggest challenge that you’ve had to face post-diagnosis?
– What do you wish you could tell your family or friends? What do you wish they’d stop asking you?
– What does the AYA community mean to you?
– What makes you feel the most supported?
– What have you gained or lost as a result of your diagnosis?
If you’d like to sign up in advance to share your story, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All event times are in Eastern Time.